Saturday, 26 August 2017

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family. ~ Lee Iacocca #quote

Male and female represent the two sides of the great radical dualism. But in fact they are perpetually passing into one another. Fluid hardens to solid, solid rushes to fluid. There is no wholly masculine man, no purely feminine woman. ~ Margaret Fuller #quote

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment. ~ Jim Rohn #quote

To advise is easier than to help. ~ #Proverb

God is a verb. ~ Richard Buckminster Fuller #Quote

I don't create poetry, I create myself, for me my poems are a way to me. ~ Edith Södergran #Quote #Quote

Happiness is a warm puppy. ~ Charles M. Schulz #Quote

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home. ~ Twyla Tharp #Quote

The beginning is the half of every action. ~ #Proverb

When love beckons to you follow him. ~ Kahlil Gibran #Quote

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~ Leonardo da Vinci #Quote

I don't care to belong to any social organization which will accept me as a member. ~ Groucho Marx #Quote

Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. ~ Steve Jobs #Quote

It’s not dying for faith that’s so hard, it’s living up to it. ~ William Makepeace Thackeray #Quote

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say I want to see the manager. ~ William S. Burroughs #Quote

Some things cost more than you realize. ~ Radiohead #Lyrics

Even castles made from sand fall to the ocean 🌅. ~ Jimi Hendrix #Quote

A promiscuous person is a person who is getting more sex than you are. ~ Victor Lownes #Quote

Nature gave men two ends — one to sit on and one to think with. Ever since then man's success or failure has been dependent on the one he used most. ~ George R. Kirkpatrick #Quote

A nation forgetting its own laughter is in a sad state of affairs ~ Sherry Marie Gallagher #Quote

The best way to predict the future is to invent it. ~ Alan Kay #quote

Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart. ~  Ancient Indian #Proverb #quote

There is an applause superior to that of the multitudes: one's own. ~ Elizabeth Elton Smith #quote

Love was a rare thing, easily confused with a million other things, and if anybody knew this to be true it was him. ~ Junot Díaz #quote

Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it… ~ Wilferd Peterson #quote

The road leading to a goal does not separate you from the destination; it is essentially a part of it. ~ Charles DeLint #quote

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free. ~ Jim Morrison #quote

This is what it is the business of the artist to do: art is theft, art is armed robbery, art is not pleasing your mother. ~ Janet Malcolm #quote

Finale Hopper- a young man who arrives after everything is paid for.  #FlapperSlang

I’d rather live with a good question than a bad answer. ~ Aryeh Frimer #quote

If a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. Think twice before reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay. #piecesoftruth #quote

You are the last drink I never should drunk, You are the body hidden in the trunk, You are the habit I can't seem to quit, You are my secrets on the front page every week, You are the car I never should have bought, You are the train I never should have caught, You are the cut that makes me hide my face, You are the party that makes me feel my age. ~ Pulp #Lyrics
Faith is an oasis in the heart ❤️ which can never be reached by the caravan of thinking. ~ Khalil Gibran #Quote

The course of true love never did run smooth. ~ William Shakespeare #Quote

I am a little deaf, a little blind, a little impotent, and on top of this are two or three abominable infirmities, but nothing destroys my hope. ~ Voltaire #Quote

Lead us not into temptation. Just tell us where it is; we'll find it. ~ Sam Levenson #Quote

Imitation is the sincerest form of television. ~ Fred Allen #quote

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~ Carl Bard #quote

The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’ ~ Jeffrey Bezos #quote


There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. ~ Will Rogers #quote

Asked about the fact that Apple's iTunes software for Windows computers was extremely popular, Jobs joked, "It's like giving a glass of ice water to somebody in hell". ~ Walter Isaacson #quote

Learn to appreciate the things you have before time forces you appreciate the things you once had. #piecesoftruth #quote

I think that we are like stars. Something happens to burst us open; but when we burst open and think we are dying; we’re actually turning into a supernova. And then when we look at ourselves again, we see that we’re suddenly more beautiful than we ever were before. ~ C. JoyBell C. #quote


The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney #quote

Just exactly what that good life was - the one I expected - I cannot tell you now exactly, though I wouldn't say it has not come to pass, only that much has come in between. ~ Richard Ford #quote

Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. ~ Robert Orben #quote

When two people are under the influence of the most violent, most insane, most delusive, and most transient of passions, they are required to swear that they will remain in that excited, abnormal, and exhausting condition continuously until death do them part. ~ George Bernard Shaw #quote


Every great film should seem new every time you see it. ~ Roger Ebert #quote

The future you see is the future you get. ~ Robert G Allen #quote

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you. ~ Leon Trotsky #quote

Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. How can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself? ~ Unknown #quote


Its hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but its harder to give up when you know its everything you want. ~ Unknown #quote

I'll sleep when I'm dead. ~ Warren Zevon #quote

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. ~ H. G. Wells #quote

Politics is such a torment that I advise everyone I love not to mix with it. ~ Thomas Jefferson #quote

Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr. #quote